home  
Much LAZIER than your average blogger  
  LZ's info | past | photos
10.26.2007 - 25 comments 

Well… before actually leaving the Park and making the trek south toward Teton National Park, I just wanted a chance to post some of my favorite photos I shot here in this “living and breathing” park.

Many of the unique things about this park are really almost “Other Worldly”. I mean where can you be within the caldera of a dead volcano that still seems to be alive? Where can you see a Bald Eagle flying high above a boiling mud pot and then watch him land on what looks like a dead lodge pole pine, so close to it that you wonder if he has a nose?

Where else can you smell a stench of sulfur, only to then be smitten by the beauty that the “stinky thing” holds? Where else can you look at something that looks like the craters on the moon, only to realize that you are still right here on terra firma here in the U.S.A.? Where else could you see signs all over a park that refers to the Continental Divide? Where else can you go where everyone around you is asking; “Have you ever seen anything that beautiful before?” Where else can you see bison grazing right along a river that has geysers right beside it? Where can you go that has the kind of diverse plant and animal life as this place does?

I have been lucky enough in my life to have seen many beautiful places as well as many wonderful and exciting cites, but never have I been to a place that has had not only such beautiful “natural” things, but also to have seen some of the most “unique” sights I have even seen anywhere? I hope you enjoy the shots and the beauty of the magnificent “Yellowstone National Park?

Really… where else can I go to try and top this kind of beauty? ~ lz///

“All I have seen teaches me to trust the creator for all I have not seen.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson